Can you prevent Acne in Different Climates?
Your skin is a delicate ecosystem composed of living biological and physical components sharing a common habitat which includes bacteria, fungus, parasites and viruses!
Disruptions in the balance can result in breakouts! Air microbiomes can change from home to home, city to city, airport to airport, dry to humid, hot to cold climates… Side note – it’s important to always keep your hands clean, and refrain from touching your face, or picking your lips or your skin no matter where you go or what you do!
While the climate, and the microbiome ecosystem may change A LOT while traveling, let’s take a look at some other reasons why you may be breaking out while traveling!
How Can I Reduce Acne When Traveling?
When traveling it’s tempting to throw out all your good habits “just for the weekend” but try these habits to help reduce your break outs and lessen your chances of experiencing acne in different climates!
Bring your usual skin cleaning products. Staying at a fancy hotel can feel super luxe. However the products you find in your hotel room are most likely no good for your skin. Invest in a set of small travel bottles to bring your product and make it easy on your luggage.
Overall, don’t beat yourself up if you have a breakout or two. Just be aware of what your triggers are and take good care of yourself!! Enjoy your trip but don’t throw all your good self care habits out the window!
It can be a treat to dine out and get that restaurant food that tastes so good but where we both know it’s going to show up in our skin in a couple of days. My suggestion, opt for the healthier options or simply give yourself permission and enjoy in moderation knowing what the trade off will be.
Some of our favorite travel essentials from our skincare line are:
- Hydrating Oil – to add moisture especially after using plane AC air!
- Hydrating Spray – for a quick refresh throughout the day!
- Gentle Milky Cleanser – this cleanser is great for all skin types! Don’t forget to double cleanse especially when wearing makeup!
- Brush on SPF – throw in your purse & carry it everywhere! Add over your makeup throughout the day! SPF is a MUST!
- Bring your own silk pillow case & avoid rough hotel sheets!
- The BEST hydrating lip balm ever!
- This ultra-hydrating mask to keep your skin fresh your entire trip! Need only a small container? Buy a sample size to save space!
- Notice you are inflamed or starting a breakout? Use this cold roller in the morning!
Thanks for checking out Skin University!! Every Friday a new post and video will be available along with a FREE download!